After a brief hiatus of youtube blogging,
we've decided we're now totally able to multitask and get back to updating this blog
so yeah WE R BACK and so is the COOLIBAH HOTEL!!!!
OLD COOLIBAH HOTEL
NEWER/BIGGER AND BETTER COOLIBAH HOTEL
The coolibah hotel has been one of our favourite local chill spots in the west simply because it's so close to home....it sadly broke our hearts and closed down mid 2011 but that was okay i guess because it has NOW REOPENED AND HAS TAKEN ITS PLACE AS OUR FAV WEST END PUB ONCE AGAIN, NOT ONLY because it's so close to home, but because of it's pimpin new look and design and features which we will now go into detail about.................
PIMPIN NEW FEATURES OF THE HOTEL:
1) The shiny new tasty bistro with totally affordable west end priced food
(dearest item = $28) the kitchen looked much cleaner than it's previous
state, we could now look into the kitchen and it was white and pretty
2) Three bars located on the first floor
3) Amazingly high ceilings
4) Grand decor and fantastic lighting
5) Fireplaces which is appropriate cause its the first day of winter and winter sucks and makes you not wanna leave your house but really now you have no excuse cause there are fireplaces!
6) Tonnes and tonnes of tvs so that if people get boring you can watch some footy like a champ
7) The staff are the nicest ever!!! The chefs don't freak out when you want your bernaise sauce swapped for some lemon juice or your steamed potatoes for boiled corn which is pretty cool
Pumpkin, rocket, pine nut and smoked salmon salad ($17)
this great meal was simply great and perfectly smoked
this was ordered with no feta cheese, thought that
was a bit odd having cheese and fish plus the
west end gurl who ordered this is a vegan trying
to eat seafood so i guess she aint a vegan no more
but yeah good good salad!
Rump steak with mash potato and gravyy ($20)
the mash was not lumpy at all but a little hard
we did however like the tiny salad bowl it came
cause usually the salad is spread all over the plate
in order to make it look like you've ordered more
food and less salad then you actually have which is
very much visually misleading, but not in this case
so for the addition of a salad bowl, this dish gets a
chicken parma ($18)
fresh nice addition of cheese
Grilled NZ salmon with veggies and lemon = PERFECT!!!!!!!!!
Finger-lickin good grilled chicken
Mighty fine pizza
NOW, BASK IN THE AMBIENCE::::::::::::::
STAY TUNED FOR OUR POST OF THE OPENING OF
THE COCKTAIL BAR
LOCATED ON THE SECOND FLOOR
GRAND OPENING SAT JUNE 10 2012!!!!!!